Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's not my fault... really!

Hey music lovers,

I address to you today with my head bowed in shame...

With Rocktober having come and having gone as well, I’m sure you’ve noticed that the massive Metallica feature is not yet entirely complete - and that sucks! Now I know you’ve all been salivating at the thought of consuming my latest ramblings on the ’Tallica boys, but since there is nothing for your greedy brains to feast on I’d like to offer up a brief explination for my incredible lack of discipline...

Being the “regular jack-off” that I am, my everyday 8 to 5 recently shifted up a gear [*sigh*] and has, due to no fault of my own, taken up more of my blog-time than usual. Now if I were a professional muso or journalist [nudge, nudge. hint, hint] that would not have been a problem - but since I do the corporate bully’s dirty work Monday to Friday, and have some responsibilities, I haven’t been able to pay as much attention to The Lounge Critic as usual...


Never fear though. Holidays are coming up pretty soon and that should leave me with some free time to get cracking on the blog again. This short ‘hiatus’ doesn’t mean there is nothing going on in the background though: KoRn is about to release a new album The Path of Totallity, one which has the band's front man, Jonathan Davis, saying “It’s gonna piss-off a lot of fans”. Since The Drummer and Goth Girl sent me the new single a few weeks ago, a review on this falls squarely in their laps.


Also, I’m waiting with baited breath on the Within Temptation feature from ~J~ as well as her findings on the Rocktober Challenge. I’ve also heard a rumour that there will be a spotlight shed on geriatric hard-rockers AC/DC.





The new Chevelle album, Hats off to the Bull, is due out on December 6th. And I have some opinions to bounce off you about one of my favourites, Godsmack. Slipknot and Stone Sour have both declared their intentions for new albums.









Serj Tankian (System of a Down) and Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave) have teamed up to form a political movement - Axis of Justice. Ozzy is on tour with his medical advice book. Slash’s new album is finished recording and undergoing post-production as we speak... And of course, the completion of the Metallica feature is already overdue.




So stay tuned Metalheads, there lots yet to come on The Lounge Critic

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment