Thursday, September 1, 2011

Disturbing the Devil



"I've felt the hate rise up in me
Kneel down and clear the stone of leaves
I wander out where you can't see
Inside my shell, I wait and bleed"

As the drums kick in the sound is injected into my ears and received like a junkie taking a long awaited fix. 
The music flares up into what can only be called: nirvana
This is who I am. The fan, the music addict. I am the Goth Girl and I offer my opinion as a dedicated music fanatic.

I would like to kick off my contribution to this blog with an amusing bit of news in light of the recent Disturbed break-up.

Disturbed

David Draiman of Disturbed made the mistake last month of touching on a subject that has been picked on more times than a freckly ginger kid with some lunch money. In an interview with Billboard.com about Disturbed’s hiatus he quoted that “there is a demise of hard rock and metal right now”
Metal fans from all the corners of the earth flooded Draiman’s Twitter account with insults and accusations. When one fan got somewhat personal with his comments, David responded with:

“FUCK OFF. GO BACK TO YOUR BASEMENT; WHERE YOU’LL NEVER KNOW THE WARMTH OF A WOMAN, AND LISTEN TO YOUR COOKIE MONSTER METAL”

You can imagine that the above statement stepped on more than just a few toes. Devil Driver's Dez Fafara, who's cookie monster voice we all know and love from Coal Chamber days still,  posted on Twitter: “Draiman was addressing almost every heavy band on the planet! If I had a white glove I would slap you!".
Devil Driver

David later then defended his statement by saying that he was referring to the fact that the genre was relatively ignored by the mass media and that it is a very difficult time to function as a musician within the music industry.

Well, the overwhelming response that followed Dramain’s slip-up is enough to prove that even if he meant his initial ‘demise of hard rock’ statement, this is definitely not the case and even if the media is giving metal the cold shoulder, the fans are well aware of what is going on.
David has since resolved the issue with Dez and thus avoided a glove-slapping.

Perhaps he has forgotten that the metal genre has always been the underdog. Rockers are often criticized and find themselves in a position where they have to defend their taste in music as discussed so brilliantly in post: Standing in Defence of that Which I Love

Just read now that Sevendust started a rumour about breaking up as well.  Drummer Morgan Rose recently Tweeted: “So guys — the whole farewell thing is bein ‘talked’ about,“We love each other, there’s no issue with us. We just miss our families. No decision yet.”

Just to be followed by: “We’re not goin away. Not for years. Were 4 sure doin another record n 2 years of touring. We knew the rumors would go nuts.”

You started the rumours with your first tweet, Dipshit.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe Disturbed broke up. It is a freaking Greek tragedy! I had a dream of seeing them live...my dream is dead now, UNLIKE hard rock and metal.
    P.S.
    David D is sexy as hell and a fantastic vocalist, but he needs to think before he speaks...

    ReplyDelete