Monday, September 12, 2011

I'll get by with a little help from my friends

You must have noticed that there are 2 new opinionistas writing for The Lounge Critic. And as far as debut postings go, I could not have asked for any better...

That being said, I believe it pertinent to introduce the two new contributors - both to give you, the reader, some insight as to their credibility, and to welcome them to the blog.

The author of the post entitled Passion, Defined , ~J~, is a heavy consumer of the written word. So much so in fact, that she has migrated from the regular, everyday paper printed books to a sleek and oh-so-cool Kindle to feed her endless need for literature. An avid reader of Sci-Fi and epic advetures alike, she is well read and forms a strong opinion based on fact as well as feeling. She has also undertaken the daunting task of learning to play an instrument, my instrument - the guitar. Since playing music is my main inspiration regarding music consumption, I can't wait to see the pieces she will produce after discovering the joys of playing music.

Another fact about ~J~ that is pertinent to her credibility on this blog, is the fact that she dates The Monger  [no painless feat, I'm sure]. Now, I've already introduced you all to Monger as the metal purist. The reason I make mention of this is that I've heard on countless occasions the 'disagreements' ~J~ and Monger have had regarding 'good' music. Monger's purist approach is perfectly contradicted by ~J~'s balanced and well thought out views. Consequently, her opinion will always be welcome on The Lounge Critic.

The post on the turmoil in the Disturbed camp was brought to you by another close friend, Goth Girl. As introduced to you earlier, Goth Girl has intricate knowledge about rock and metal in general. She is the super fan, the one that knows interesting bits of trivia about a variety of bands and muso's, the one that will sit and debate the deeper meaning/feel/purpose of an album or period in a bands career.

Fortunate for The Lounge Critic and you the reader, Goth Girl is married to The Drummer. I say fortunate because The Drummer's opinions about music most often cut through the bullshit of hype and popularity and focus on the crux, the music. So I am of the firm opinion their partnership and influence on one another will produce some very insightful pieces on the subject that we all share a keen interest in, the music.

Welcome girls!

\m/

1 comment: